Here are some Feng Shui Tips to get more out of your meditation time, but one thing is key: you need peaceful surroundings to quiet your mind. Many practitioners find that the precepts of feng shui can create a serene space. Try it yourself with these gemstone ideas for good feng shui in your home. You don’t have to literally believe in the spiritual discipline to benefit from a sense of balanced interiors.
Feng shui tips and principles are about harmonizing five elements: wood, fire, earth, metal, and water. A variety of objects will satisfy the requirements, but using crystals can increase the positive vibes—and style. Each item belongs to a specific location, so account for the layout of your house before you place them. Or try feng shui on a smaller scale by focusing on just your meditation room.
3 Easy Steps To Start Your Own Meditation Practice At Home
Feng Shui Tips With Wood
Colors: Greens, blues, purples
Qualities: Intuition, strength, and growth
Amethysts are a spectacular way to work this element into your surroundings. Purple is symbolic of royalty and abundance in feng shui, so this mineral can attract abundance (which never hurts) and protection. It’s also reputed to have a high spiritual vibration. You can find a geode or amethyst cluster to place in your wealth corner.
Feng Shui Tips With Fire
Colors: Shades of red
Qualities: Inspiration, courage, confidence
If rubies are out of your budget, tumbled carnelians can make a beautiful desktop rock garden. Look for triangular shapes that embody the fire element. When you’re meditating, the presence of a carnelian can improve energy, motivation, and strength of mind. Pro tip: placing a carnelian in your bedroom is said to boost fertility.
Feng Shui Tips With Earth
Colors: Browns, oranges, yellows
Qualities: Stability, self-care, grounding
Citrine is a crystal with a warm, amber glow that brings to mind the changing leaves of autumn. A citrine gemstone tree is a gorgeous way to invoke the earth and trees. Gemstone trees themselves have a strong tradition as feng shui cures. Citrine is one of the only crystals that can clear itself, and it bodes well for prosperity.
Feng Shui Tips With Metal
Colors: Blacks, grays
Qualities: Efficiency, precision, beauty
Hematite resembles metal, especially when polished. It is dark and cooling and can help you focus on overcoming difficulties. It can impart powers of concentration that are incredibly useful for meditation. A hematite obelisk is a strong statement in any room and can help absorb negative energy.
Feng Shui Tips With Water
Colors: White, transparent
Qualities: Wisdom, mindfulness, insight
Clear quartz is an ideal gemstone for good feng shui in your home because it goes with anything. You can add it to another gemstone if you want to activate or amplify it. Put a crystal in your refrigerator to help increase nourishment in your food. It’s also beautiful as a lighting accent or a prism pendant to hang in your window and refract light.
Feng Shui Principles To Transform Your Home Into A Relaxed Feng Shui Haven
Your Feng Shui home should be a place you can escape to and shield yourself from life’s frustrations. To increase your tranquility, you can transform your home into a haven where you can retreat if you need to release stress or simply relax.
You don’t need the services of an interior decorator or Feng Shui designer to accomplish the atmosphere of relaxation and comfort you want for your home. Instead, you can easily turn your home into the haven you desire by doing some minor adjustments on your own.
Try these easy and effective Feng shui tips to convert your home from a simply livable space into your own personal retreat:
1. Enhance the beauty of your home with natural elements. Beautifying a space is a great way to make it warm, comforting, and inviting. And those feelings can effectively be achieved if you include natural elements as part of your home’s décor.
Here are some ways you can incorporate nature for an instant feel of relaxation:
• Get flowering plants for your bedroom balcony or back patio.
• Set up wind chimes in locations that catch the breezes during the day.
• Install a fish tank and fill it with aquatic life.
2. Install light dimming controls. Instead of spending money to convert a single room in your home to a center for relaxation, why not install light dimming controls in every room? With these controls, you can easily change the ambiance in any room of your home and instantly achieve comfort and relaxation!
3. Paint your private space a soothing color. Whether you like to retreat to your bedroom, bathroom, or living room, changing the paint color on the walls can instantly convert your private space into a haven. For a soothing effect, you could use shades of blue on the walls. You’ll instantly feel the calm energy when you walk into space.
4. Use aromatherapy. Aromatic scents can infuse a sense of calm in your mood.
Try these Feng shui tips for filling your home with pleasing, relaxing scents:
• Scented candles that you can buy in any grocery or department store
• Flowering plants that have natural aromas
• Aromatic herbs like lavender that could be placed in aromatherapy diffusers
• Incense burners
5. Get a recliner. A reclining chair is beneficial in relaxing you and a great addition to any space! When you get home from a tough day at the office, spend some time relaxing in your recliner.
You’ll be surprised at how much help it can be, especially if you get one with:
• Massaging capabilities
• Comfortable headrests
• Cup holders so you can sip on your favorite beverage while relaxing
• Pockets to hold your favorite magazine as well as the television remote
These are only some of the easy Feng shui tips you can turn your home into a haven for relaxation. And the best part is that you can actually make these minor changes, adjustments, and additions on your own. There’s no need to get professional help from an outside source.
You alone know what you need to feel completely relaxed and comfortable with these Feng Shui Tips for your home. Let your home bring you a peaceful feeling every time you step into it!