Listen in several languages! Click the "red world icon" below. Thank you for being apart of the Meditation Life Skills Community!
How to declutter your life using these simple steps. The world is a hectic place. Between work and family, school and friends, it is easy to get caught up in the messiness and lose track of yourself.
Both in the physical and mental sense, people often lead unmanageable lives. If you want to try breaking your cycles of disorganization and stress, you should be aware of these simple ways to declutter your life.
Donate the Clothing You Never Wear
For most of us, the greatest source of clutter in our homes is the rarely or never used clothing that racks up in our closets. So much of the clothing we accumulate over time can better serve someone else. So, take clothes to Goodwill or other organizations that bring inexpensive hand-me-downs to people that need them.
One way to determine which clothing articles you wear and which you don’t is to hang all of them in one direction. Each time you return an item from the wash, hang it in the opposite direction of all the others. Over time, this will reveal which items you wear regularly.
Get a Slimmer Wallet
Wallets can quickly become bulky, cumbersome rocks. If you want to learn how to declutter your life, your wallet is a fine place to start. Some people like to purchase a slim wallet to limit their clutter, while others prefer to minimize the number of cards in the wallet at any one time. Discover which wallet organization method works with you and stick to it. Even after you clean out your wallet, maintaining that order will still require your focus and attention.
Create a Planning System
A planning system is the ultimate form of learning how to declutter your life. A planning system, simply put, is a set of rules or techniques people use to organize their schedules and commitments. Some people keep calendars, some write in bullet journals, and others use online planning management tools. Planning systems allow people to audit their commitments routinely and organize their time effectively.
How To Declutter Your Life In No Time At All
If you’re like most of us, at some point you’re likely to come to the conclusion that your life is too cluttered. You have too much to do and aren’t able to handle your schedule optimally. You probably own too much stuff and just keep adding more every day.
Most people would probably be better off with at least a little decluttering. But how do you go about learning how to declutter your life? When you’re under a pile of clutter, commitments, personal files, and a load of digital information, how do you even get started with decluttering?
Follow These Tips On How To Declutter Your Life:
1. How to declutter your home checklist: Simply get started. Pick a room, a closet, or a shelf and get started. Pick up each item once and ask yourself, “Do I use this regularly? Do I love this item?” If the answer to both questions is “no” then the item needs to be sold, donated, or given away. Have a box for each of those categories to put your discarded items in.
* Put away the items that you’re keeping in their proper place.
* If you have a lot of stuff, it might seem overwhelming when you are first are learning how to declutter your life. Try setting a timer and just work for 10 minutes. Limit your decluttering to one small area for those 10 minutes. That way, you’ll really be able to see some progress.
* Try not to get carried away by spending too much time. Working on decluttering for 10 minutes a day for a month is a lot better than overloading yourself and quitting after 2 days.
2. Go a little further each day. Once you’ve gotten started with your decluttering, keep moving forward. Finish one area and then move on to the next. Your enemy is perfection. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Simply do a good job in a reasonable amount of time. Any work you’re putting into this will result in progress. Make it easy on yourself.
* Get some help. Some of us really are pack rats and can’t seem to let go of anything. If that sounds like you, get a reasonable friend to help. The ideal friend will have a clutter-free home that you envy.
* Take the time to enjoy the new clutter-free spaces you’ve created in order to help keep the momentum going.
3. Learn how to declutter your life by using your calendar and digital life. Your living environment is only one aspect of your life. Simplifying how you spend your time and handle your digital life is important, too. Start decluttering your digital life. Prioritize the blogs, newsletters, social networks, emails, and so on. Only keep the things that really matter.
In today’s modern world, we have just as much clutter on our computers as we do in our homes. To avoid feeling overwhelmed as you learn how to declutter your life when you open your desktop, take some time to comb through your computer, create organized folders, delete unnecessary files, and backup items that you absolutely can’t lose.
Though this fix is entirely digital, this simple way to declutter your life may actually feel more impactful than any other organizing endeavor.
* Decluttering your calendar is about learning to say “no” to commitments that aren’t important to you. Make a list of commitments and put them in order from most important to least important. Keep the top few and remove the rest from your life.
4. It’s important to include others in your home. If the other people in your home aren’t on the same page, decluttering is much more challenging.
* Focus on telling them about the benefits they’ll receive if the home is much less cluttered. Share the benefits of decluttering their space.
* If there’s too much resistance, keep your focus on decluttering and maintaining your own space.
* Getting rid of things can be contagious. You’ll likely find that everyone else in your household will jump on the bandwagon when they see how great your personal space looks.
Decluttering your life is more beneficial than you probably realize. It’s not only easier to find things, but you’ll have adequate space to put everything away in its proper place. Clutter weighs on your mind 24/7, whether you realize it or not. Avoid letting it stress you out or take over your life.
You’ll be surprised at how much more relaxed you feel when you can learn how to declutter your life, the clutter is out of your life for good. Give it a try today!