Listen in several languages! Click the "red world icon" below. Thank you for being apart of the Meditation Life Skills Community!
Spending too much time learning how to meditate properly can hold you back from beginning your practice.
Perhaps your life, appointments, kids, or any one of the many activities within our busy lifestyles make it feel like we can’t even get a few minutes to ourselves. We all know that longer meditation sessions have remarkable benefits, and using mindfulness techniques we can learn to take a few minutes for meditation throughout our busy day.
4 Easy Ways To Master Meditation And Improve Your Practice
How To Meditate Properly In 3 Minutes: How to Do It
1. Focus on your breath. Pay attention to your breath as it enters and leaves your nostrils. Follow its path up and down your body. Just become aware of your breath as a focus point, feel your stomach and chest rise, and fall as you inhale deeply and exhale for just a few moments.
This alone is a meditation in itself, notice how when you put your attention on your breath, all your problems and concerns momentarily disappeared.
2. Scan your body. Search for areas of tension within your body. Give yourself a mini-massage by gently rubbing your shoulders and neck area. Imagine a golden white light as your breath, emanating from your hands as you warm and heal your body.
3. Observe your thoughts. Check out what’s on your mind without making judgments. Let your mind slow down.
4. Embrace your feelings and emotions. You don’t always have to meditate just when you are feeling good. You can also learn how to meditate properly when dealing with a major stress event. It is more challenging, however, you can choose to decide how you respond to any situation, good or bad.
5. Watch closely (An object meditation technique). Pick any object inside or outside and really look at it, take in every detail, color, texture. See the object for the first time even if you have looked at it hundreds of times, find something new, and appreciate the object for what it is. This is also referred to as a candle meditation.
6. Chant a mantra out loud. Use a mantra or a saying that has great meaning to you or just use the sacred mantra “Om”. Repeat your mantra over and over out loud until you fully feel the meaning, then just feel the effects of connecting with the energy of your mantra.
7. Reach out and touch. Many religions use prayer beads to keep track of mantras and prayers to help beginners learn how to meditate properly and sometimes this process is used to stay awake and focused on the prayer. You can also use an object held in your hand that has great meaning to you, this will take your mind, body, and spirit back to a beautiful state of being.
5 Minute Guided Gratitude Meditation For Morning Or Evening
Brief Meditations: When to Do It
1. Adjust your commute. Look forward to red lights. Use traffic signals and stop signs as a reminder to breathe.
2. Take a break during business meetings. Check-in with your mind during work just like you check your phone and text messages. Ask yourself during the day, how am I feeling about that phone call or text message?
Do you need to take a deep breath and center yourself before or after the event? This will allow you to stay in the moment and much more productive throughout the day and into the evening at home with loved ones.
3. Intensify your workouts. During your workouts, connect your mind to the event, this is often done in yoga classes if you want to learn this skill. You can meditate for a few minutes as you rest, in the sauna, in the pool or just taking a break outside.
4. Learn how to meditate properly by connecting with your partner. Make a date with your spouse to mediate together or listen to a guided meditation that you both enjoy. You can do this each morning, in the afternoon, or before you go to sleep at night.
5. Bond with your kids. Mindfulness exercises can be especially beneficial for children. Make the meditation sessions fun, and remember to keep them short and simple. You can add some simple yoga poses like downward dog, or even singing songs, and guided visualizations that will help your child learn a life coping skill and send their imagination soaring to new heights.
6. Feel good about standing in line. Next time you are at the store or inline at the post office, keep in mind that that is an opportunity to pass the time meditating and centering yourself during a long day doing errands.
7. Skip commercials. Do you enjoy watching 30 seconds of advertising before you can watch the video you clicked on? Hit the mute button, and enjoy the silence that surrounds you.
8. Consume consciously. When you get home, do you unwind from your day with a quart of your favorite ice cream or maybe a nice glass of wine to take the edge off? On the other hand, maybe you try to soothe yourself with a little retail therapy. Learning how to meditate properly could be a healthier and less expensive response to stress.
How to meditate properly and let go of stress and boost your concentration with a quick meditation session. Late infomercial quick and easy weight loss promises early pan out, you can always create peace in your life with just a few minutes of meditation each day when you get home. That’s a miracle worth celebrating.
Meditation is an ancient technique that can benefit you mentally, physically, and spiritually.
The many advantages of learning how to meditate properly include:
✴ Stress relief
✴ Increased ability to relax
✴ More energy
✴ Increased motivation to work toward your goals
✴ Better relationships
✴ A heightened feeling of well-‐being
✴ Greater self-esteem
✴ More confidence
✴ A stronger connection with your spiritual side
✴ And many, many more
Meditation can even reduce stress-‐related conditions, like high blood pressure, and physical ailments like pain and disease. Learning how to meditate properly is not difficult, but it does take some preparation and practice to see the most benefit from it.
Learning How To Meditate Properly At Home
1. Peaceful atmosphere. A peaceful atmosphere is essential to your positive meditation experience. Create an atmosphere that is quiet, calm, and comfortable. Turn down your lights, turn off your phone, and put on soft music.
Find music that resonates with you and helps you feel calm, meditation music can play an important part in allowing you to slow down and calm your nervous system for healing, reflecting, and contemplation for a better life.
3 Easy Steps To Start Your Own Meditation Practice At Home
2. Props. The use of certain props can aid in learning how to meditate properly. Cushions and yoga mats, for example, will provide you a comfortable sitting area for greater peace and enjoyment during your meditation. Portable water fountains and candles can also lend well to creating a comfortable and relaxing environment.
3. Comfortable clothing. Comfort is important when it comes to meditating. Choose clothing and accessories that are loose-‐fitting and light on your body.
4. Rhythmic breathing. Close your eyes and completely immerse yourself in slow, comfortable, and deep rhythmic breathing to center and refresh your entire body, mind, and spirit. Inhale and exhale in this manner for at least ten breaths or three minutes.
5. Om. “Om” is the sacred syllable. Utter it silently with each inhale and audibly with each exhale. This helps you quiet your mind and release distracting thoughts.
6. Detached observation. Here, you will detach your body and mind. Take a moment anytime during your day and observe the activity of your mind from a detached nonjudgmental view for a few moments without self-criticism. In just a few moments, your mind will begin to cease its activities and calm your body down as well.
7. Learn how to meditate properly by meditating on anything that moves you. With the world quiet around you, and your mind quiet, you can reach new heights in your thinking during meditation while also calming yourself.
• Envision the real future life you truly desire to live in as much detail as possible, bring to life all the senses needed to make it as real as possible, let go, and experience all the positive emotions and feelings to reinforce your future vision for yourself such as joy, happiness, pride, gratitude, and more. Enjoy this vision as if it’s happening now, not in the future.
• If you wish to inhibit pain, let your pain go and feel your body surge with perfect, pain‐free health.
• Enjoy your meditation to its fullest.
Take time to learn how to meditate properly meditate each day. As you practice more, it will become easier to rid your mind of distractions and let the meditating experience envelope you so you can truly enjoy its myriad benefits for your mind, body, and soul!
Using Meditation To Train Your Mind
Living in such a hectic world can take its toll on your body, mind, and spirit – but the practice of learning how to meditate properly can help you to focus, have a clear mind, and stay centered. Learning how to meditate properly is a practice of learning to train your mind. There are many purposes and techniques.
What all of the techniques have in common is that they work for some benefit in your life. Learning how to meditate properly with a consistent meditation practice will de-stress your body and mind in ways you can’t even imagine at this time in your life. You will soon start developing a clear and meaningful purpose in your life. Meditation can even help you connect to a higher power beyond yourself for assistance.
Solfeggio Frequency 528 Hz Meditation Music For Miracles
If you’ve never meditated before, it can be hard to imagine how to get started. There’s a wide range of meditation techniques. While meditation can be very straight forward and even simple, other methods can require massive discipline and years or decades of training and commitment. In the end, though, there’s really no wrong way to learn how to meditate properly as it is a very personal experience.
As you consider beginning the practice of learning how to meditate properly, there are factors to consider. Determining what position you’ll use in your meditation is the first order of business. There are several options for you – choose the one that makes the most sense for you.
Getting Into Position For Meditation
Determining an appropriate position for learning how to meditate properly can set the stage properly. Just know that you don’t have to choose and stay with any one position in the beginning. You should consider your meditation position to be different from how you normally sit or lay down so your body knows it’s time to meditate. This will help your mind focus on meditation in a more efficient manner.
Some people choose stretching or yoga positions for their meditation method, however, don’t choose a position that will be uncomfortable because that can create tension and reduce the effectiveness of your meditation. Choose a meditative position that it the best posture for your meditation session.
VIDEO: How To Sit For Meditation with Perfect Posture
The Lotus. The lotus position is the most popular position for learning how to meditate properly that people will associate with learning how to meditate properly. This position is a seated position on the floor. For this position, you’ll bend your right leg and place your right ankle on your left thigh.
Then you’ll place your left ankle on your right thigh. This takes a bit of flexibility. Extend your arms and place your hands on your knees palms up. You’ll also want to touch your thumb and index finger.
For this position, it’s important to maintain proper posture so that your spine is properly aligned. You may also want to lower your head so that your chin is touching your chest. It may take some time to be able to achieve this position comfortably.
If you’re not able to achieve it comfortably, there are positions that are close but don’t require as much flexibility. These can allow you to learn how to meditate and properly work up to the lotus position that you want to achieve and allow you to meditate.
The Half-Lotus. This position is similar to the lotus, but not as difficult. You start in the same way by touching your right ankle to your left thigh. However, when you bend your left leg, you keep it on the floor and rest your left ankle in front of your right knee.
For this position, your arm placement will be the same as the lotus position. This will help you to begin experiencing meditation even if you’re not quite flexible enough to achieve a full lotus. Many people who want to learn how to meditate properly in the lotus position begin with this pose.
Crossed Legs. If you’re not ready to perform the lotus position in your practice, you can just sit with your legs crossed in a relaxed manner on the floor. Make sure to sit straight up and have proper posture. This position is more comfortable if you’re not flexible and will still allow you to meditate.
Lying Down. There are also positions to learn how to meditate properly where you lie on the floor. Lying on the floor can separate your body and mind from the stresses of daily life and help you into a relaxed state. This is good if health problems or physical discomfort keep you from trying the other positions. It is comfortable and effective as flexibility isn’t required and your body is completely supported.
When it comes to learning how to meditate properly with different positions, the most important consideration is your comfort. While meditation positions can help you to focus your mind, the wrong position can actually take away from your experience.
If you’re just starting a meditation pratice, don’t try to force the different positions to the point of discomfort. Just focus on finding a position that works for you so you arre able to relax and focus on the meditation process or technique.
Breathing For Relaxation and Effective Meditation
In addition to finding an appropriate position, learning how to meditate properly requires that you pay attention to your breathing. You breathe thousands of times each day automatically without even thinking about it.
You see, that’s the problem, you are not aware enough to use your breath as a very effective tool for learning how to meditate effectively.
5 Minute Guided Breath Meditation For Beginners
Most people breathe using muscles from their chest and upper body. These breaths are often pretty shallow. In order to breathe properly for meditation and healthier living, you’ll need to learn how you can focus on your breathing in a more purposeful way.
For learning how to meditate properly, use diaphragmatic breathing. This is a breathing method that is focused on the belly rising and falling with each breath in complete focus and awareness. With each breath, imagine pushing your belly button out and then pulling your belly button in as you exhale the air out. This is a method of learning how to take purposeful, deep, and relaxing breaths.
You can also try counting each inhale and exhale for a consistent, rhythmic breathing pattern that results in full relaxation. You can breathe in for a count of five or any number you feel comfortable with and exhale using the same count.
Just like your meditation position, make sure that your breathing has a rhythm, and is comfortable for you. If you’re uncomfortable, you won’t be able to learn how to meditate properly and free your mind for meditation. If you’re distracted, then you’re not doing it correctly.
Learn How To Meditate Properly Using The Third Eye
When it comes to meditation, the concept of the third eye is very important. The idea is that when you meditate, you can open a “third eye” that connects you to a spiritual force. Many people meditate with the goal of opening the third eye.
By opening the third eye, you may find that you feel more spiritually connected to the universe. You may also find that your intuition is keener and that you have more psychic sensitivities. This method is an advanced practice and will take time, commitment, and practice to become connected in this way.
Just know that you shouldn’t be discouraged and if you are so inclined, give this method a try preferability with a meditation teacher to guide you in the proper principles of this advanced meditation technique.
You may be wondering how you’ll know if you open your third eye. Many people who have achieved this level of spiritual awakening often see many different colors, sounds and even guru’s from the past and present timelines. The main idea that is important here, is that you’re connected to the ultimate source in the universe in the best way possible.
In order to open your third eye, you’ll need to be completely relaxed and in a meditative state where your mind is totally at peace. Rather than focusing on issues in your life, you’ll need to actually not be thinking consciously. This can take a lot of practice.
If you get too focused on trying to open your third eye and achieve a new level of meditation, you can actually make it more difficult. It’s important to free your mind and body and not put pressure on yourself to meditate in a specific way.
Meditation and Religion
Meditation can be associated with different religions around the world, but it doesn’t need to be a religious experience when you are learning how to meditate properly and it is more of a method than a religious experience.
People of most faiths have some sort of meditation to learn how to meditate properly. For religions such as Buddhism, Hinduism, and many others, meditation is a formal practice to facilitate other goals for enlightenment.
In other religions, it’s less formal. In fact, prayer in Judeo-Christian religions is a form of mediation where you become connected to the source. For some people, meditation is more about developing spirituality than actual religious experience or practice.
You’ll need to look at meditation in your own life and decide how it fits your personal religious and spiritual beliefs. Remember that there really aren’t any rules when it comes to learning how to meditate properly – it needs to be right for you.
Learn How To Meditate Properly Using A Guided Meditation
When you are brand new to meditation, getting started can be a daunting process. One way you can get started right away and learn meditation is to use guided meditation such as the ones in this guide. The guided meditation will teach you how to meditate effectively and you can learn and experience the different meditation techniques.
While you are learning these different meditation methods in private, you can then find a meditation center or teacher to further expand your practice.
Guided Meditation – Manifesting From the Deep Self
You’ll be able to find many different types of guided meditation audio recordings that will help you to get started. These meditations will cover everything from positions to breathing. You may discover specific chants that appeal to you personally which can greatly enhance and deepen your meditation session.
In addition, they may have background music that will be designed to help you relax. Meditation music is a key piece of powerful meditation practice. Explore the many different types of meditation music that will help you to learn how to meditate properly, you will find some that will resonate with your goals and it’s a good way to change the pace of your meditation practice.
Guardian Angels Uplifted – Deep Meditation Music For Healing Your Heart and Soul
You may also want to read books that give suggestions for learning how to meditate properly. Guided meditation is a tool that can help you to learn how to meditate properly get the most out of your meditation time. The more you practice, the easier it will become and you may find that you don’t need guided help anymore.
Finding Suitable Space To Meditate
Finding a good space in learning how to meditate properly with our busy lives and family obligations can be difficult.
It’s important that you find a place where you can have a few minutes of uninterrupted time to learn how to meditate properly. It’s difficult to free your mind when someone is talking to you and distracting you.
Any space where you can be alone and undisturbed can be a meditation space if you prepare in advance. Just be sure you let your family or others know that you need some private time for your meditation and ask that they respect your new adventure or even invite them as a meditation buddy.
You can use an office space or a private space outside to meditate. Sometimes a large closet can provide a quiet, and private oasis for meditation, get creative!
Have you ever felt like the bathroom is the only place where you can be alone? I know this may sound crazy, but bathrooms are often used as a spiritual getaway when you just need a few moments to center yourself and focus from a hectic day or a stressful situation. There’s no right or wrong space to learn how to meditate properly as long as it’s a place where you can clear your mind.
Carving Out Time for Meditation During The Day
Often those that need meditation and relaxation in their lives have the most demanding and busiest lifestyle of all. I know, adding even one more item to your to-do list seems impossible. If you just give a short meditation a try you will see that the clarity you gain on what is important in your day will more than surprise you.
You don’t have to spend hours each day in meditation learning how to meditate properly, order to achieve these benefits of a regular meditation practice. Just spending a few minutes to just stop and breathe deeply three to five deep focused breaths can clear your mind so your can priortise and start your day over with a fresh perspective.
If you have more time later in the day, then you can always choose to meditate more often and longer. But if you only have a few minutes, make the most of them. Building meditation time slots into your schedule is the easiest and fastest way to build consistency in your meditation practice.
As an example, some people prefer to meditate in the morning before they start their day. This will help you focus on what is most important and create a peaceful mindset for success every day. You’ll feel more connected to the world in which you live.
Some prefer to meditate before going to bed at the end of the day so they can relax and get a peaceful night of sleep. When stress builds up from your day, meditating and meditation music with deep delta binaural beats will help you unwind and take your mind off your busy day so you are ready for tomorrow’s activities.
Delta Waves For Deep Healing Sleep With Ocean Waves Music
Have you ever gone to bed with your mind racing about all of your experiences and all the ever-expanding to-do list? Learning how to meditate properly can free you from this cycle that can disrupt your sleep patterns and leave you feeling weary.
But you can also learn meditation techniques so that you can bring meditation into your busy day at any time and anywhere. You can take five minutes to breathe and clear your mind and feel refreshed by meditating even for just a short time throughout the day.
There are even many spiritual benefits of meditation, there are benefits that may not be so obvious for adopting this practice as a way to spiritual enlightenment. It’s up to you to decide the path of meditation that is right for you.
It is important to note that learning how to meditate properly does not have to be connected to religion, but a process to help you lead a more focused and maybe even a more spiritual life is that’s what you want. Yes, you can even have it both ways as well.
Learning how to meditate properly can provide many physical and spiritual benefits when you add it to your life. It helps to take small steps in the beginning and to increase the amount of meditation and your goals for meditation as you become more experienced.