Listen in several languages! Click the "red world icon" below. Thank you for being apart of the Meditation Life Skills Community!
The mental benefits of meditation are to allow your mind and body to connect and to discover that inner peace. The idea of meditating has changed to a certain extent today. This has been made possible by the acceptance of meditating in different places and in various ways.
Meditating in Today’s World, Does It Really Matter Any More?
The following ways are simple things that you can do to enjoy the mental benefits of meditation.
1. Enjoy sitting back and meditating while soaking your feet in a tub of warm water with added bath salts. This can help you remove all the stresses from your long, hard day.
2. Use an ice pack, wrapped in a washcloth, on the right side of your body while sitting and meditating. This is supposed to help cool your liver. It is thought that people with an overactive liver have more mind chatter than others.
3 . Use an external aid to assist you with meditation. This could be a phone app to remind you when to meditate. Or you may prefer to use music or listen to motivational Mp3’s.
4. Meditating while walking or jogging. You can listen to motivational tapes or just repeat your favorite quote whilst outside walking. You may wish to focus on just one thing during your walks, such as what a person or thing means to you.
5. While Yoga and Tai Chi have been around for a long time, these are activities that have seen an increase in popularity in recent years. Both are excellent ways for helping you while meditating and deal with the stresses of life.
Healing Music 528Hz Solfeggio frequency + Alpha Binaural Beats
7. Your doctor or health care provider may also have ideas for how you can incorporate meditating into your life. In fact, doctors are recommending meditation to their patients frequently these days. It is extremely cost-effective as all it requires is your time to learn the different ways of meditating and the mental benefits of meditation.
It is important to choose a meditation method that suits your body and your frame of mind to truly reap the full mental benefits of meditation.
If you are dealing with a health issue you may not have the ability to sit with your legs crossed for long periods. It may be easier and more soothing to sit in a chair and soak your feet. Also, be sure that your room temperature is comfortable, and use a blanket if needed.
How To Use The Mental Benefits Of Meditation To Be Happier
Self-reflection seems to be a dying art. People either feel they don’t have the time or that it’s a waste of time. Others are afraid to take a good, long, hard look at themselves. This is a mistake because there is so much to be gained by examining yourself and your past.
The Mental Benefits Of Meditation Can Make Life Easier:
1. You can learn about yourself with a self-awareness meditation. Most people are shockingly low in self-awareness. Some people are too busy, or at least they think they are. Others would prefer to distract themselves rather than spend one second in self-awareness meditation.
◦ However, there’s much to be learned by taking a few minutes each day and reviewing your day, the choices you made, the positives, and the negatives.
◦ When you know yourself, you can make better plans that utilize your strengths and avoid your weaknesses.
◦ Recognizing your weaknesses and dealing with them using a is powerful. You can stop shooting yourself in the foot over and over.
2. You learn from your past. If you look at the biggest mistakes you’ve made over your life, you’ll find they’re surprisingly similar. You may have either spent money you couldn’t afford, got involved with someone you shouldn’t, or made poor decisions to get away from stressful situations.
◦ If you’ve never taken the time to review these mistakes, you’ve repeated them.
◦ Reviewing the past can also help you to identify what works, and then you can advantageously repeat those actions.
3. Take intelligent, thoughtful action. Many people are very action-oriented and avoid “wasting” time on thinking too much. Rather than just jumping in with both feet, it can be incredibly helpful to spend some time thinking and strategizing.
◦ Reflect on what you actually want to accomplish for yourself. Ask yourself a few questions and use the answers wisely.
Graham Gibbs is an academic that studies self-reflection. He developed a six-step process to aid in self-reflection and the mental benefits of meditation. This process can be used as a guide to help you get into the swing of things.
Use Mr. Gibbs’ process to examine your past and present:
1. What happened? This is simple enough. Describe the event to yourself. “I dropped out of college.”
2. What was I thinking and feeling? What were you thinking at the time? What did you think afterward? “I was stressed and failing. I felt a sense of relief when I first dropped out, but then I felt a sense of dread and felt lost.”
3. What was good or bad about the experience? “I gained free time and my stress was relieved. But, now I don’t have a plan for my future and my job prospects are much more limited.”
4. How does this affect the various parts of my life? What does it say about me? “My personal and career development is stifled. My significant other is upset with me and threatening to leave. My parents kicked me out of the house and told me to find a job. This suggests that I am impulsive and handle stress poorly.”
5. What else could I have done? “ Talked to a friend. Spoken to my professors. Sought professional help in understanding and learning how the mental benefits of meditation could impact my personal life. Learned self-awareness meditation or yoga. Lightened my course load.”
6. If this happened again, how would I handle it? “I would consider the long-term implications instead of just the short. I would get the help I need. I wouldn’t consider quitting to be a viable option.”
Self-awareness meditation along with the incredible mental benefits of meditation is a useful tool that’s free to learn and apply. Imagine being able to leverage your strengths, minimize your weaknesses, and avoid repeating your mistakes.
You can make good use of those painful events from your past. Spend a few minutes each day and apply a little self-reflection. You’ll be happy with the increased mental benefits of meditation.
When you feel more and more at ease from meditating, you will find it much easier to meditate and reap the full benefits of these meditation techniques successfully.