Theta binaural beats can be an effective tool in reaching untapped meditative states.
For some people, reaching a state of relaxation is difficult. The brain doesn’t always cooperate with the mental state we want to achieve, so we’re left frustrated and irritated by the entire process.
Brainwave synchronization has been used for centuries, but the modern world is just beginning to realize the positive benefits. Using brainwave entrainment technology you can speed up this process, making it easier to drop into deep meditative states, even if you’ve never meditated before.
This theta binaural beats download selects certain brainwaves to stimulate the brain and cause deeply relaxed meditation or mental alertness, depending on the mental state you desire.
This theta binaural beats download is one of the more difficult to achieve and remarkable meditation brain states you can explore. Known as the pre-sleep state which you normally only experience when you first wakeup or you are drifting off to sleep.
What Exactly Are Theta Binaural Beats?
A binaural beat is a term that we’re fast becoming familiar with. Scientists who study the brain have been focusing on binaural beats for some time to gain a better understanding of how brainwaves and sound frequencies can influence certain mental states.
Basically, theta binaural beats are generated sounds designed to modify your brainwaves to influence moods and change harmful behavior patterns. You can also achieve certain realms of consciousness, such as relaxation or sleep.
Heinrich Wilhelm Dove discovered the process in 1839 and the effects of binaural beats have been the focus of many scientific and medical studies ever since. Now we know that binaural beats may help reduce stress and promote relaxation, creativity, meditation, and other sought-after mental conditions.
Scientific studies performed on unconscious patients have confirmed that binaural beats do have a positive effect. The time it takes to realize success from binaural beats varies from seven minutes (minimum) to 30-45 minutes.
Receiving a positive effect from binaural beats requires focusing on the tone. It’s the same sort of syncing that happens as we listen to certain music, and also depends on electromagnetic fields and the dominant brainwave frequency. The binaural frequency may change several times during a session to create the best possible outcome.
Many are turning to theta binaural beats as a self-help developmental tool.
The process isn’t addictive and is completely safe, although it’s not recommended for those who have epilepsy. It’s fast becoming another form of alternative health care that people are using rather than pills or other harmful methods to combat sleep disorders, obesity, anxiety, and depression, just to name a few.
We’ve only scratched the scientific surface of the ways that theta binaural beats can help – both medically and emotionally. Studies are currently being performed and more information is sure to surface soon.
The sounds of binaural beats are all different, depending on what you’re seeking help for. Some sound like “white noise,” while others might resemble rainfall. Most online binaural beat websites let you sample a sound through your computer before you make a decision to purchase.
Using binaural beats as a way to combat behavior or health problems isn’t new, but the amazing effects of the process are just beginning to become known. Before you purchase a CD or DVD of binaural beats, do some online research and discover more about what it’s all about and how it might help you.
These meditation products are specially designed to induce the desired effect, and many are available for other programs such as brainwave frequencies designed to help you quit smoking or get rid of another bad habit. There are also programs for better concentration and healing.
The way theta binaural beats for meditation works is through a process called the “frequency-following response” effect. Headphones are required because of the variations in tone that is heard in the left ear versus the right ear.
When the brain attempts to compensate for the different sounds being heard in each ear, the “frequency-following response” occurs and produces brainwave synchronization. It may sound complicated, but it’s really a very simple process of programming the brain to help achieve a desired state of mind.
You’ve likely seen MP3s and/or DVDs that are specifically designed with soothing sounds such as ocean waves, gentle rainfall, night sounds, and others that are to be used for relaxation, meditation, and achieving a deeper and more advantageous sleep.
Theta Binaural Beats for Sleep
Binaural beats are the most natural and effective sleep aid available today. It’s extremely affordable and doesn’t have the harmful effects of sleep aid drugs. Sleep deprivation is a serious problem in today’s world, and people are suffering the results of mental stress, immune system, and emotional disorders all because we can’t sleep enough or as well as we should.
Drug companies currently make an easy fortune by providing people with sleep aids that sometimes leave them groggy in the morning and fitful during sleep. You’ve seen the advertisements that show people crawling into the bed after taking a pill and supposedly getting a fantastic night’s sleep.
The problem with pills is that you can become immune to them and can no longer achieve a sleep state without moving to stronger doses. It’s a vicious cycle and one that’s difficult to stop once you begin.
Sleep induced by theta binaural beats means that the process will relax the brain and entice it into the correct sleep frequency. When you tune in to your binaural beat recording after you’re comfy and in bed, you can literally be asleep in about thirty minutes and wake up totally refreshed and ready to meet the day.
The more you train your brainwaves to the binaural beat method, the less trouble you’ll have sleeping through the night. You’ll soon be able to will yourself to sleep without the help of any type of stimulation.
Other natural techniques for sleep inducement include meditation, breathing techniques such as that taught in Yoga and hypnosis. These methods take some time to learn and sometimes we’re so stressed by the time we get to bed that we have trouble relaxing.
New Research Suggests that Meditation Can Alter Your Brain for the Better
Meditation is life-changing and affirming for the millions of people who practice it. Recently, there’s been some fascinating research into how practicing meditation with theta binaural beats can actually make positive changes to your brain’s structure.
The academic journal Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging recently published a study about meditation. This study, completed by Massachusetts General Hospital clinicians, looked at a small number of subjects and used brain imaging equipment to look at their brains before and after an 8-week meditation class.
The results were astonishing: for meditators, the areas of the brain that focus on being compassionate toward others and being self-aware got larger and the brain areas devoted to stress actually got smaller. Experts are so sure of the positive mind-altering benefits of theta binaural beats meditation that it’s beginning to be taught in some grade schools.
For vibrant health, it seems that meditation should rank up there with your diet and exercise goals!
Follow these tips to get started with meditation so you, too, can enjoy its positive benefits:
1. Find 1 or 2 times a day you can meditate. Before breakfast is great. Just before dinner also works.
2. Initially, plan to spend 10 minutes for each meditation session. You’ll gradually increase your time by 5 minutes every other week or so until you reach 30 minutes.
3. Find a quiet space. If you have your own den or study, that’s probably a good place to meditate. Your bedroom might be another. If you have a quiet space in nature, that would be a fabulous meditation site. There must be silence or as little noise as possible in your surroundings.
4. Ensure you’ll have no interruptions. Meditating before your kids or spouse arise might work for you. If that’s not possible, ask family members not to disturb you during meditation.
5. Cover or move clocks. Ensure you can’t see them from where you’re sitting. You want to de-focus from everything around you, particularly from watching the clock.
6. Wear comfortable clothing. Stretchy or baggy clothing like athletic wear often works fine. Shoes or socks are not necessary. However, if you think your feet are going to get cool, go ahead and wear socks.
7. Get into a comfortable position. Most people find that sitting on carpeting, a soft rug, or a yoga mat works best. If you feel you need to lean against something, try sitting on the floor while leaning against your bed or sofa.
* Cross your legs Indian-style if it’s comfortable for you. Either clasp your hands loosely in your lap or extend your arms to balance the top of your wrists on your knees, with your hands gently cupped upward.
8. Use a gentle-sounding timer. Many people like an external stimulus to signal the end of their meditation session. However, avoid startling yourself after you meditate since it defeats the purpose of meditating in the first place. Most cell phones these days have a wide variety of timer sounds with a few of them on the gentler side.
* For example, sounds like a harp, sonar alarm, gong, or xylophone are particularly helpful to use when emerging from meditation.
9. Meditate. The scene is set. Get comfortable. Close your eyes. You can also stare at a spot on the wall or an object of beauty, like a vase of flowers or a picture of a sunset or the beach, if you prefer. Breathe. Listen to the sound of your breath and clear your mind. Should your mind wander, just re-focus on your breathing.
* After some practice using theta binaural beats, you’ll find yourself going into an altered state, almost like sleeping. You’ll experience feelings of tranquility. When your timer sounds, take some seconds before gently arising and going about your day.
If you get into the habit of practicing meditation twice a day for 10 minutes, every day, you’ll soon be amazed at the results you achieve. Alter your brain by meditating each day. You’ll live a more enriched life and have healthier relationships with your inner self and others.
That’s one reason why theta binaural beats for sleep is fast becoming the number one natural aid in the country for achieving quick and deep sleep. You’ll find numerous products online and some you can download for free.
Binaural beat recordings will transport you to the state of consciousness that’s necessary for sleep. You’ll need to use earphones because the recording will play different frequencies in each ear.
Then, your brain compensates for the difference by creating its own frequency. That frequency will be the one that puts you over the edge into a deep and desirable sleep state.
If you’re a fan of power naps, binaural beats can help with that too. Power naps are now used and recognized in businesses as a form of relaxation that can refresh your brain and make it more possible to concentrate and be creative. Some businesses have even incorporated “nap rooms” for employees to grab a few ‘Zs’ if they’re feeling lethargic.
Online, you can find theta binaural beats that target short naps, long and deep sleep (delta state), and “counting sheep,” which takes you into an even deeper sleep. Most sites will let you listen to a few samples before making a purchase.
Binaural beats take that technology many steps further by using specific audio brainwave frequencies to help create altered states of mind. Meditation is one of the most popular uses for binaural beats because it’s been proven to help heal the body and reach mental states that can expand the mind.
Stress is one of the big factors that people today are trying to deal with, and some turn to harmful medications to help alleviate symptoms that stress and anxiety cause. Using binaural beats for meditation can help you reach a state of deep relaxation and force the brain to handle stress in a more natural way.
There are hundreds of great binaural beat audios that you can download for free on the Internet. Some of the freebies don’t offer the best frequencies, so do your research before you download free products. It’s better to pay a small price for a product that will do the most good for you rather than waste time and effort on a free, low-quality product.
Some sites offer samples of their products so you can hear them before you buy. There are so many varieties of binaural beats for meditation that you’re bound to find one or more that you enjoy.
Many products offer theta binaural beats in the form of music or other soothing sounds – so do your homework before making a decision.